When a drug addict finally decides to seek help from a drug rehab center, the next big question is whether to enroll in an inpatient treatment program or an outpatient program. Each type of program has its benefits and disadvantages and one has two weigh all of them before choosing a program. When choosing the kind of treatment program you need, consider all facets of your personal needs as well as the recovery process.
What Is An Inpatient Treatment Program?
An inpatient treatment program is where a person resides in the rehab center during a specified period of time. Inpatient treatment programs last from 28 to 90 days depending on the preferences of the client or the severity of their addiction problem. Before participants can commence on the addiction treatment program, they have to first undergo through a drug detoxification process. The detox program can either take place in the rehab center the client enters or a different standalone detox center.
Drug detoxificationprocess provide clients with medications that assist clients during the withdrawal process. However, not all instances of detox require medication. After the detox process, clients need to undergo other steps of treatment which include addiction counseling. The inpatient treatment program focuses on allowing the person to clear all substances from the body, and ensure the person is stable enough to continue with a normal life. An inpatient treatment program helps participants to develop skills to stay sober after treatment through therapy, counseling and addiction and recovery education.
Benefits Of An Inpatient Rehab
- The benefits of an inpatient treatment program include:
- The environment is stable and sober.
- Clients with severe substance use disorders get constant psychiatric and medical monitoring during withdrawal and recovery. The inpatient treatment can include dual diagnosis rehab to help recovering addicts deal with underlying issues that trigger drug abuse.
- There is minimal risk of participants relapsing due to the vigilant supervision provided.
- The environment reduces exposure to triggers and stressors.
- There are other specialized treatment services offered in an inpatient rehab like meditation, yoga, acupuncture and exercise.
- One can choose to subscribe to a luxury facility which offers upscale accommodations for more comfort.
- Participants who enter in an inpatient treatment program have a higher likelihood of recovery success since the treatment is more intense.
How To Determine The Best Rehab Option
Before choosing a rehab option, there are several factors a person should consider. You need to ask yourself some of these questions before committing to a rehab program.
- Is your current living environment stable and supportive?
- Is the environment around you exposed to alcohol and drugs?
- Is there a strong support network to help you stay sober?
- Are you able to take some time off from your normal day routine be it school, home duties or work?
- Are you able to commute easily to your rehab center of choice?
- Do you need specialized attention due to handicap conditions?
- Do you have severe mental or medical health issues that may require specialized treatment?
Answering these questions truthfully will help you to choose the right rehab option to ensure quick and successful recovery.