Discover some exciting Sober New Year’s Party Ideas. New Year’s Eve is a popular holiday when friends and family get together to celebrate the end of one year and the beginning of another. Many of those who are planning to go out and celebrate the New Year are planning on drinking heavily and using drugs as well. For those in addiction recovery, this can be an especially difficult holiday to maintain their sobriety. If someone in drug and/or alcohol recovery decides to go out on the town, they are bound to be surrounded with heavy drug and alcohol consumption. It can become an uncomfortable and even dangerous to be in that type of toxic environment, especially for those are new in their sobriety.
So what do you do if you are in sobriety and would prefer not to go out to a nightclub or crowded bar or be around people who are using drugs and alcohol? Well, don’t worry! Here at New Life Addiction Treatment Center, we have put together 8 ideas for you to enjoy a healthy, safe and sober New Year’s Eve!
More Sober New Year’s Party Ideas
- Instead of going out to a bar, nightclub or party where you know or suspect there will be alcohol and drugs, enjoy a nice dinner with family or friends and finish it off with a coffee and delicious dessert! Then head back home and watch a movie, play a board game or light a bonfire to bring in the New Year!
- Have some laughs at a local comedy show or another type of local event. There are often family-friendly festivals and block parties that don’t serve alcohol and have security present to prevent drug use.
- Pamper yourself with a spa night in the comfort of your own home. Turn on some light music, an inspiring podcast or a movie and take a relaxing, restorative bath with Epsom salts and give yourself an exfoliating and rejuvenating facial. At-home manicures and pedicures are also a nice option.
- Volunteer your time to serve others in your community. Volunteering is a great way to feel grateful, focused and joyful, all great deterrents from relapse.
- Go ice skating after dark with a couple of friends if they offer this in your area! It’s fun and sure to create lots of laughs.
- Want to have fun and make some money on New Year’s Eve? Become a designated Uber driver to make some extra cash! Of course be careful to turn down any invitations from your passengers to drink or use drugs.
- Take an afternoon hike with a friend and then head home and watch a movie. Enjoy the fresh air and take photos of your adventures!
- Meditate on your New Year’s Resolutions and think about the positive changes you wish to bring to your addiction recovery in 2017.
- Stay at home and make yourself a nice dinner, or go to a friend’s house and have a movie marathon accompanied with hot tea, hot chocolate or sparkling cider.
- Host a game night at your house with tasty appetizers and a few non-alcoholic beverage selections like tea, punch, hot chocolate or sparkling cider for your guests to enjoy!
Here at New Life Addiction Treatment Center, we are dedicated to helping you achieve happy, long-lasting drug and alcohol recovery. We understand that the New Year is a difficult holiday, so a treatment center can be a great place to begin your new year with a new life! We will help you choose the most effective treatment program for your needs and guide you through every step of the process. Please contact us at (855) 658-0035 to begin your journey to a healthy, happy, sober life!\